Some may remember Spot the Dog from the 1990s. Spot The Dog’s distinctive style of Australian roots music draws on the deep music traditions of country, folk, rock and soul to create a sound that is earthy and sincere, with rich vocal harmonies and mandolin, fiddle, keyboards, bass and guitars.
Between 1996 and 2001 the band produced 3 high quality award-winning cds.
The original Spot the Dog are:
- Helen McGreevy: vocals, guitar, bass;
- Richard Evans: guitar, harmonica, vocals;
- Silas Palmer (or sometimes Cathy Bell): fiddle, keyboards vocals;
- Keith Megson: drums/percussion;
- Mark Cryle: bass, mandolin, vocals.